24 Lessons from Colin Powell, Battle-Proven Leader
Notes from The Powell Principles by Oren Harari
01. Promote a clash of ideas : Don’t encourage sycophants.
02. Be prepared to piss people off : Don’t placate everyone.
03. Establish trust : Don’t establish your authority.
04. Walk the talk : Don’t talk a good name.
05. Pick the right people : Don’t pick people with resumes.
06. Listen : Don’t lecture.
07. Be vigilant in details : Don’t stick to the big picture.
08. Be a disorganizer : Don’t let sleeping dogs lie.
09. Check your ego at the door : Don’t follow your ego.
10. Let change lead growth : Don’t defend your base.
11. Seek consensus (but don’t be ruled by it) : Don’t rule by decree.
12. Fit no stereotypes : Don’t chase the trends.
13. Simplify : Don’t complicate.
14. Let situation dictate strategy : Don’t respond by the book.
15. Push the envelope : Don’t coast.
16. Close with the enemy : Don’t hedge your bets.
17. View people as partners : Don’t view people as instruments.
18. Challenge the pros : Don’t pay deference to the pros.
19. Don’t rely on charts and titles : Don’t lean on hierarchy.
20. Trust those in the trenches : Don’t trust the inner circle.
21. Make optimism a top priority : Don’t manage enthusiasm.
22. Have fun in your command : Don’t take yourself seriously.
23. Strive for balance : Don’t live to work.
24. Prepare to be lonely : Don’t expect camaraderie.
System Drivers: Is your PC running slow? Speed up your system with the latest System Drivers.
Clean Registry: Is your PC running slow? Speed up your system with a Clean Registry.
Web Hosting: Are you paying too much for web hosting? Compare prices in long list of Web Hosting providers.Four Powerful Steps to Get What You Want Out of Your Life, Career, and Business
Previous Posts :
- 7 Steps to Loving What You Do
- The Four Stages of Selling
- The 9 Biggest Sales Presentation Mistakes and How To Avoid Them
- The 10 Original Practices for Enlightened Living
- The 10 Secrets No One Will Tell You About Leaders and What They Really Think
- 7 Essential Lessons for Surviving Disaster
- The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom
- Twelve Groups of Contacts for Job Searching
- Three Step Process to Success
- The Six Essential Types of Email
Your turn. Add your comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.